For those Xbox users, you are able to chat through a voice chat system. It is going to allow you to chat with your friends and party members.
If a microphone is connected via a headset, automatically you are placed into voice chat with other players in the game you joined. You have to note that Voice communication must be enabled in Xbox Settings.
XBOX LIVE PARTY CHAT
Besides voice chat, Roblox also allows for the use of Xbox Live Party Chat with your Xbox Live friends. When active, automatically this feature overrides in-game chat. You are able to switch to in-game chat by going to the “Your party” panel in Xbox and choosing “Switch to game chat”.
START A PARTY ON XBOX ONE
You are able to invite your friends to an Xbox Live party to chat while you play a game or watch a show. To start a party, either you or someone on the Xbox console you are using must have an Xbox Live Gold subscription. To start a party, you are able to follow these steps below:
- Firstly, you are able to press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- At the top of the guide, you have to select Parties & chats > Start a party.
- Then, you have to select Invite more.
- Please choose the friends you want to invite. Also, you are able to select people from a club.
- Now, you are able to select ‘Invite selected people’.
This sends notifications to the friends you selected. When they join, they are going to appear under your party.
TROUBLESHOOT THE XBOX ONE CHAT HEADSET
If you cannot hear chat audio when you use the Xbox One Chat Headset, or if others cannot hear you, please try the following solutions.
- You have to disconnect the headset or unplug the headset cable from the bottom of the controller, and then reconnect it firmly.
- Then, you need to check the mute button on the headset controls to make sure the headset isn’t muted.
- Please increase the audio. If you are using a headset plugged into the 3.5mm port, you are able to go to Profile & system> Settings > Devices & streaming > Kinect, and then choose your controller to adjust your audio options. For note: If you are using the headset with a Windows 10 PC, you are able to go to Settings, choose Devices, choose your controller, and then adjust your audio options.
- To check for a hardware malfunction, you are able to use a different controller or headset.
- Lastly, you only need to update your controller to ensure that you have the latest software.
You do not ever pull on the headset cable when you are removing it from your controller. Please remove your headset by pulling on the body of the headset plug. Remember that the Xbox One Chat Headset is designed for use with Xbox One controllers only. If you are looking for an Xbox One headset which provides both game and chat audio, you are able to see Setup and troubleshoot your Xbox One Stereo Headset and Adapter.