Roblox is committed to giving safety and privacy protection for their users. For this reason and because of COPPA regulations, the users under the age of 13 cannot change their age setting. If the birth date on the account is correct, the privacy settings are going to update automatically to 13+ on the user’s 13th birthday.
HOW DO I CHANGE MY AGE? (AGE 13 OR OLDER)
- At the first step, you are able to login to your account.
- After that, you have to go to account settings. If you are on the Browser, you are able to find the gear-icon located at the upper-right corner of the site. But, if you are on Mobile Apps, you are able to find the three dots icon for More.
- Now, you have to select the Account Info tab.
- Please enter your correct birth date
- Then, you are able to select Save
For note: Updating age to under 13 will enable Privacy Mode. Remember that you cannot change the age back to 13+.
You have to know that the Roblox Community is made up of the players and developers of all ages. They work hard to make a safe and fun environment for all of their community. To aid in this, they provide their players and parents with lots of controls and safety features.
CHAT & PRIVACY
- All the chat on Roblox platform is filtered to prevent inappropriate content. The players have different safety settings and experiences based on their age.
- The players age 12 and younger have their chats filtered both for inappropriate content and to prevent personal information. The players age 13 and older have the ability to say more words and phrases than younger players. You have to note that this filtering system covers all areas of communication on Roblox platform, private and public.
- The account’s age group is displayed as either 13+ or <13. Also, this is displayed while in games. For your information, an account’s age group is not displayed to other players.
- The account owners have the ability to limit or disable who can chat with them, both in-app or in-game, who can send them messages, and who can follow them into games or invite them to private servers.
CHANGING PRIVACY AND CHAT SETTINGS
As we said before that the account owners have the ability to limit or disable who can chat with them, both in-app or in-game, who can send them messages, and who can follow them into games or invite them to private servers. To change Privacy and chat settings, you are able to follow these steps below:
- Please log into the account.
- Then, go to account Settings.
- Now, you have to choose the Privacy tab.
- Please adjust the Contact Settings and Other Settings.
- The players age 12 and younger can select either Friends or No one. Players age 13 and older have additional options for privacy settings.