To communicate with other players in Roblox, you are able to use the in-game chat feature. To start chatting, simply you are able to press the / key on your keyboard. This will open up the chat window, if enabled by the developer, and a chat-bar where you are able to type what you want to say. After you enter your text into that bar, you have to hit Enter on your keyboard to send it.
Aside from that, you are able to pull up the chat window/bar by clicking on the chat icon which is located in the upper-left corner of the screen. You have to remember that chat will be restricted to what is allowed by the account’s privacy mode/filter. For this case, you are able to learn about safety features: chat, privacy and filtering.
CHANGING PRIVACY AND CHAT SETTINGS
By the way, how to change chat settings? You will be able to limit or disable who can chat with you, both in-app or in-game, who can send you the messages, and who can follow you into the games or invite you to private servers. To change privacy and chat settings, you have to follow these instructions below:
- At the first step, you have to log into your Roblox account.
- After that, you have to go to account Settings. If you are on a browser, you are able to find the gear-icon that is located at the upper-right corner of the site. While if you are on Mobile, you are able to find the three dots icon for More.
- Then, you need to choose the Privacy tab
- The last step, you are able to adjust the Contact Settings and Other Settings. For note: The players age 12 and younger will be able to choose either Friends or No one. For those players age 13 and older have additional options for the privacy settings.
To prevent you from inappropriate content, you are able to disable it in game chat. If you want to disable in game chat, you have to do the following steps:
HOW TO DISABLE IN-GAME CHAT
There are some step to disable the ability to chat in-game, here are steps:
- At the first step, you have to log into the account.
- After that, you have to go to your Account Settings page by clicking on the gear-icon which is located in the upper-right corner of the page followed by Settings.
- Next, you are able to click on the Privacy tab and under “Who can chat with me in game?”, select No one.
- Now, you are able to scroll to the bottom of the screen and click Save.
SAFETY FEATURES: CHAT, PRIVACY & FILTERING
The Roblox Community is created by the players and developers of all ages. They work hard to make a safe and fun environment for all of their community. They provide their users and their parents with lots of controls and safety features. To learn about this, you are able to click this link; https://en.help.roblox.com/hc/en-us/articles/203313120.