If we talk about keyboard and mouse control, it is important for you to know the keyboard and mouse map. It will be useful if you are not sure which button corresponds to a given action. If you want to view the map, you have to follow the steps below.
How to View Keyboard and Mouse Map
- First, you have to click on the menu button in the upper left corner of the screen.
- From the screen, you are able to make some mouse adjustments. If the developer has not set the camera mode for the game, you have the ability to toggle between two modes and turn on/ off Shift Lock. You can also set the movement mode of your avatar.
- If you want to view the Roblox mouse and keyboard controls, you can click on Help.
As you can see in the explanation above that you are able to set or adjust the mouse and the movement mode of your avatar. Besides, Roblox also offer some options for you to be able to customize game controls. They include built-in control schemes for both computers and mobile devices along with the ability to write custom scripts for almost any imaginable control system. Here is the explanation of them.
Within Roblox, some common control schemes are included directly and they let you change the controls of the game with a few clicks. How to do that?
- In the Explorer window, you have to choose the Starter Player object.
- Then, in the Properties window, you must scroll down to locate the Mobile and Controls sections. If you use these options, you are able to easily set your game’s controls to the default schemes.
You are able to set the game controls on desktop / laptop computers by changing the value of Controls → DevComputerMovementMode.
On mobile devices such as phones and tablets, you are able to set controls for Roblox games by changing the value of Controls → DevTouchMovementMode.
Mouse Lock (Computer)
If Controls → EnableMouseLockOption is on, Roblox players on computers are able to press the Shift key to toggle between “mouse look” modes. When toggled on during gameplay via Shift, players are able to look around by simply moving the mouse. When toggled off, players have to hold down the right mouse button to look around.
Auto-jump is enabled by default on mobile devices. It means that players will automatically jump across gaps, onto and off high platforms, etc. If you want to disable this option and force players to use the jump button, you can uncheck Mobile → AutoJumpEnabled.
If you set the DevTouchMovementMode to ClickToMove, you will see that auto-jump will always occur if you tap to be able to reach a location where a jump is both possible and necessary.
If you want to script your own control scheme, you are able to set both DevComputerMovementMode and DevTouchMovementMode to Scriptable. By doing it, you will keep the built-in camera behavior intact while letting you design your own controls for computer, mobile, and console.