On Roblox, Shift Lock is a feature client. This will permit players to be able to lock the perspective of the camera with the movement of the player in a 3rd person perspective when the Shift Key is pressed. However, it is important for you to know that it is only able to be enabled on PC.
Developers are able to disable this feature in their own places which shows the message saying “Set By Developer” in-game settings menu of Roblox. You may wonder whether this feature is useful or not. Well, during obbies or sword fighting competitions, this feature is useful. But, in the BrickBattles, it has gotten mixed reception because several players of the games believe that it is less authentic to be able to play with than the unlocked camera mode. Even some games have a built-in shift lock button which is scripted for mobile players.
If you want to turn on the Shift Lock Switch which will permit you to toggle between camera modes by pressing the Shift key on your keyboard, you can access it by following the steps below.
- The first thing that you have to do is click on the menu button which can be found in the upper-left of the screen.
- You need to note that the menu’s Settings tab should be highlighted by default. Here, you will be able to adjust your camera and Shift Lock options.
- Now, after you adjust it, you need to click Resume Game or hit the ESC key on your keyboard to return to your game.
In the explanation above, it is explained that you are able to turn on the Shift Lock Switch so that you will be allowed to toggle between camera modes. What camera modes do Roblox have? In Roblox, there are two modes of camera control including Classic and Follow. If the developer has not fixed the camera mode to something specific, you are able to switch between these modes inside of the game menu. What are the differences between these two camera modes? Here is the explanation about them.
- In Classic mode, the camera will remain fixed in one spot except it is manually adjusted. If you want to change the vantage point of your avatar, you are able to do that by holding down the right button on your mouse and dragging it around.
- In Follow mode, the camera will rotate with your avatar when you move right or left to help keep your intended targets in view.
If you need to know how to enable Shift Lock in Roblox visually, you are able to watch some videos on Youtube such as:
- A video of 3MtnBros entitled How To Use Shift Lock| Tutorial – Roblox which was uploaded on June 22nd, 2018.
- A video of Gentleberry16 Gerek entitled Roblox How To Use Shift Lock which was uploaded on January 13th, 2018.
- A video of Ceehos entitled How to Use Shift Lock Switch (Roblox) which was uploaded on March 2nd, 2016.
If you want, you are able to enable Switch Lock now and enjoy it.