A model is a construct used to group parts and other objects together while also allowing manipulation of multiple objects. In Roblox development, the term “model” is able to refer to any game object, similar to “Prefabs” in Unity. This model mechanism is useful for making and sharing groups of parts/objects, scripts, 3D meshes, physical contraptions, and more.
To upload an object or group of objects as a model, you are able to follow these steps below:
- At the first step, you have to select the item(s) in the Explorer window and right-click.
- After that, you have to select Save to Roblox… from the popup context menu.
- Please select a new slot or overwrite an existing slot.
- In addition, if you are collaborating on a game as part of a group, you may want to save models in the Group Models section of the upload window.
By the way, do you know how to make a model in Roblox? If you do not know the way to make a model in Roblox, well in this article, we are going to share the way to make a model in Roblox platform. Basically, a model is multiple objects which are grouped together, to form a single object. The model can include anything from bricks to HopperBins. Even greatly enhance the ease of which you are able to manipulate a group of objects. In this case, by making a model, you will have an ability to upload it to Roblox. This feature allows any other player to access the model by using the all models option within the Studio Toolbox or when browsing the Library.
- The first thing that you have to do to make a model in Roblox is to log into Roblox. Please go to “Develop” and click “Edit” on any of your places (active or inactive).
- After that, you have to click F6 on your keyboard. You will be brought to test mode.
- The next step that you have to do is to visit Explorer and search “Player1” under the Workspace.
- If you have found “player1”, so you have to right click on “Player1” and click “Select Children. You do not forget that you have to choose everything under “Player1”.
- Then, you will be able to right click on anything selected and click “Group.”
- Afterwards, you are able to right click on “Model” and click “Rename.” Here you are able to give a name as you want.
- Now, you are able to publish it. Please right click on Model and click “Save” to Roblox. When you get a window that looks like in the image, click “Create New”.
- If you have clicked “Create New”, you are able to give a name to your model and add a description. Please, click “Finish”.
- You are able to exit out of your Studio and go back to the “Develop” and go to “Models.”
- At this time, you are able to configure the model.