For many years, there has been lore circulating around John Doe and Jane Doe within the community of Roblox. At this time, we are going to share the story of John Doe and Jane Doe. If you want to find out that information, make sure that you do not go anywhere and keep staying on this page.
WHO ARE JOHN DOE AND JANE DOE?
Both John Doe and Jane Doe accounts were made by David Baszucki and Erik Cassel in the early days of Roblox for testing purposes exactly on June 25, 2005. These John Doe and Jane Doe accounts did not belong to any one user. They were given the placeholder names “John Doe” and “Jane Doe.” For your information, the name of John Doe refers to an anonymous male. While the name of Jane Doe refers to an anonymous female.
Aside from that, both John Doe and Jane Doe accounts are owned and maintained by Roblox for all intents and purposes. They cannot be used in any way to access or ban other players’ accounts, and they are positively harmless. We promise that they are friendly. Even, you may view John or Jane Doe popping into a game some time to say hello and hope everyone well.
CLARIFYING JOHN DOE & JANE DOE’S FOLLOWERS, FRIENDS, AND BADGES
A few years ago, Roblox observed that several players could add John Doe and Jane Doe to their friends and followers lists on Roblox or award these test accounts with badges. However, Roblox has since disabled this ability. In the following weeks, Roblox would be clearing out both accounts from any friends or badges that were added involuntarily. Besides, John and Jane Doe would also be outfitted with a new set of Roblox-branded clothes.
PROTECTING YOUR ROBLOX ACCOUNT
You do not worry about this as the authentic John Doe and Jane Doe accounts pose no danger to your Roblox account. Roblox still always encourages the players to proactively defend their account by setting up 2-Step Verification or using a strong password that cannot be easily guessed. In this case, you are able to learn more about how to keep your Roblox account safe by reading this following text:
- Set Up 2-Step Verification.
- Beware of phishing messages and scam sites.
- Use a strong, unique password and do not share it with anyone.
- Keep your account information private.
- Log out after playing on public or shared devices.
One of the simplest things you are able to do to protect your Roblox account is selecting a password that cannot be guessed easily. We suggest you to follow these guidelines:
- You are able to use a non-standard mix of uppercase, numbers, symbols and lowercase.
- You are able to use uncommon words or phrases.
- You have to change your password regularly to further enhance security.
- Please always use a password which is unique to Roblox.
- Please keep your password in a safe place, and never give it out to anyone.