You are able to enhance your Roblox experience with virtual reality. Apparently, Roblox supports Oculus Rift and HTC Vive.
HOW TO ENABLE VR
To enable your VR experience with Roblox, you will first need to make sure that you have already installed Roblox and then follow the steps below:
Please make sure that your device is properly connected to your PC and VR Mode is togged to “On” within the in-game settings (Menu>Settings>VR>On). For more details, you are able to see how to Toggle VR Mode below.
- From your computer, you are able to open the SteamVR app.
- Ensure your base stations are powered.
- Ensure that your headset is connected to the computer via the link box.
- Please turn the controllers on:
(To turn the controller on, you are able to press the System button until you hear a beeping sound).
(To turn the controller off, you are able to press and hold the System button until you hear a beeping sound).
- The status icons on the SteamVR app and the status lights on the hardware must all be green.
Press the System button on either controller to bring up the System Dashboard. For note: When you quit the SteamVR app, the controllers are going to turn off automatically. Also, the controllers are going to turn off automatically after being idle for a period of time.
- Please open the Oculus App on your computer and select the gear icon in the upper right.
- Then, you have to select Gear Settings.
- After that, you need to select General on the left menu.
- Please toggle the Unknown Sources setting so it appears as a check instead of an X.
- You need also to confirm your selection to enable this setting.
- Afterwards, select Play on a Roblox game: http://www.roblox.com/games.
- You will be able to see a square screen on your monitor indicating VR mode.
- Please put on your headset and play.
HOW TO USE THE VR RADIAL MENU
All of the important system settings are able to be accessed by using the VR Radial Menu.
- The first thing that you have to do is to tap the Menu button to bring up the VR Radial Menu
- After that, you have to select any of the following options:
System Menu: Access system options.
Player List: View the game server’s player list.
Recenter Camera: Recenter the camera on your character.
Notifications: View Roblox notifications.
Exit Game: Exit the game.
Backpack: View your in-game inventory..
HOW TO TOGGLE VR MODE
You will be able to toggle VR Mode on or off in-game, switching the display between your VR headset and your computer monitor. While VR Mode is On, you are able to toggle it to Off by doing the following steps:
- At the first step, you have to tap the Menu button to bring up the VR Radial Menu.
- Then, you have to select the System Menu option.
- Please toggle the VR option to Off
While VR Mode is Off, you are able to toggle it to On by doing the following steps:
- Please press ESC on your keyboard to bring up the System Menu.
- Then, you are able to toggle the VR option to On.